Before starting, gather your supplies and equipment. You’ll need:
- A automotive inner tube (medium size)
- Large hose clamps (typically two for each of two circles around the mast, joined together)
- Silicon sealant
- Long wire tires (optional)
- Screwdriver to tighten hose clamps
- Tape measure
- Optional: Sunbrella or other cloth to make boot cover
Remove the old mast boot and adjust the wedges if necessary. This would also be a good time to adjust your stays and shrouds if your mast is not well centered.
Measure the circumference of the mast and the lower base plate.